I’ve been baking for years… This is what I do and love. Finding and trying out new recipes is what I enjoy the most. You could say that I make people happy… Have you ever heard of a person getting angry, after receiving a cake? I make tray bakes, cookies, desserts, birthday cakes with all the fancy decorations, but for all those years I’ve had one spongy enemy – vanilla cupcakes!!!
You probably think now – what is she on about? Cupcakes are simple! But are they? How many times did you bake vanilla cupcakes that were to dry, or nice and soft inside, but hard on the top? This kept on happening to me so this post is for all mums, who wants to bake perfect cupcakes for their children…
I didn’t have much luck with my baking recently – my oven broke, and I had to wait two weeks for the new one (thanks Covid!). I promised Eva that we’re going to do something together, and kept on putting it off, until today… Today I took out my Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe and finally baked in my awesome brand new oven…
This recipe is so good, I feel like I should keep it to myself, but the world is missing too much if I don’t share it.
Here it is…
Kasia’s Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes
- 330 g plain flour
- 2,5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 240 ml milk semi skimmed
- 1,5 tbsp vanilla extract
- 460 g sugar
- 240 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs large
- 170 ml single cream
- Preheat the oven to 170°, and line your cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
- Remember that all ingredients should be in room temperature.
- Mix together sugar, oil and eggs, until well incorporated and thickened.
- Slowly add single cream and mix together until just combined, don't over mix it.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and combine milk with vanilla extract.
- Mixing on a low speed adding half of your dry ingredients, followed by half of your wet ingredients, and repeat.
- Fill in your cupcake cases ¾ full.
Perfectly golden on the outside, soft and moist on the inside. My family is sooo crazy about them I baked them three times last week, and they all disappear the same day! Simple recipe, and so good.
Why I love making them? Not only for the taste, but for the smiles on my kids faces. Watching Eva mixing ingredients with me fills my heart with happiness. Baking together became our favorite thing to do.
I hope you’ll enjoy my perfect vanilla cupcakes, and if you’d like to try my other recipes go to:
https://5starmum.me/2020/03/26/oliwers-chocolate-cake/ for my son’s favorite chocolate cake, or
https://5starmum.me/2020/04/14/breakfast-bread-rolls-recipe/ try my homemade breakfast breadrolls.